Friday 26 March 2010

Deco-licious!!

A little bit about my Professional Project...

I have come to realise that my creative style tends to take on quite a structured and architectural form, and I am fascinated by shape. I wanted to develop in this style so I decided to use Art Deco as my reference point. I love the bold shapes and form of art deco design, wether it be furniture, architecture, sculpture, pottery, etc. I also love the geometric shapes and patterns found within these forms.
I have been inspired constantly throughout my research, for garment shape, texture and also for print ideas, which I would ideally like to incorporate into my garment designs. However, as I am now well into the construction and toiling stage, I am finding it hard to set aside time to work on any use of print, as my garment designs require quite a lot of technical work to construct successfully.

Here's a few images that have really inspired me towards my final outfit designs.

No comments: